What Is Your Ultimate Macabtobre List?



This is a list that combines your top picks from all your Horror, Thriller and Fantasy Comedy lists, with any additional films that didn't fit into the other lists that you usually love watching around this time of year too.

You can also add what shows you like watching and what type of music you think has an autumny feel. So practically a Macabtobre TV Guide.

If you like, you can add costumes or decorations and anything Octoberish. Personally, I didn't feel they had to be part of the challenge, so I already posted about my decorations and will post about fashion later on too. Just not here.

I tried as much as possible to make my list short and stuck with those I felt I must watch during the season.

Film:


  • I Married A Witch (1942)
  • Arsenic And Old Lace (1944)
  • The Ghost And Mrs Muir (1947)
  • The Ladykillers (1955)
  • What Ever Happened To Baby Jane (1962)
  • I Saw What You Did (1965)
  • Wait Until Dark (1967)
I tried to pick those that I felt I have to watch on Macabtobre, but it's not set in stone, so I'll probably add to this list every year. All the films I've chosen here, I can watch over and over without getting bored. All of them give me a warm and cheery feeling too.

I had already talked about the films I had chosen, on my previous posts, except for two.
The Ghost And Mrs Muir, which I had already reviewed - you can check that out here to know how I feel about it - and The Ladykillers which  is the funniest film I think I've ever seen. It has unique plot that anyone with a sense of humour would appreciate. I laugh all the way through everytime. Highly recommended!

The Nightmare Before Christmas, 1993 is a great animation that Rasha and I used to watch almost daily when we were children. It's great for this occasion, I just didn't want to choose something specifically for Halloween, so I left it out.

Television:



I have to watch The Munsters on October because it wouldn't feel like Macabtobre if I didn't. I think for children Casper The Friendly Ghost is a great one to watch also. My siblings and I used to watch it all the time growing up.

There are popular classic television series that usually have holiday specials or themes that I find very entertaining for this time of year too, like:
  • The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet (S1, E5 - Halloween Party)
  • The Dick Van Dyke Show (S4, E2 - A Ghost of A Chantz)
  • Dennis The Menace (S3, E5 - Haunted House)
  • The Honeymooners (S1, E14 - The Man From Space)
  • Leave It To Beaver (S1, E13 - Voodoo Magic)
  • Leave It To Beaver (S2, E23 - The Haunted House)
  • Leave It To Beaver (S3, E13 - The Magician)
  • I Love Lucy (S1, E7 - The Seance)
  • I Love Lucy (S6, E6 - Off To Florida)
  • The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh (The Blustery Day)
Of course, these are just episodes I felt were suitable for this time, but I don't necessarily watch them every year. I'm just happy I have the option to.

I hadn't had a chance to watch The Adventures Of Ozzie And Harriet before, but I enjoyed their Halloween special. I'll probably look into the show some time.

The Honeymooners' episode would've been funnier had Audrey Meadows not worn that ridiculous costume, but I couldn't not watch it...BANG ZOOM hehhe

The other shows featured haunted houses or eerie themes that I felt would be fun to watch, especially if you're anything like Rasha and I. When we do themes we really stick to them, so naturally everything on television has to be related.

Although Winnie The Pooh isn't scary, his Heffalumps and Woozles dream was to him hehehe plus it was windsday, so I felt it had to be in an Autumn list.




Spooky Hooky and Hide And Shriek are short films from the The Little Rascals, known then as Our Gang - Follies of 1938. I think I'll probably watch those every year because the children are too CUTE!

Music:


I don't listen to music a lot these days, but if I had to make a list of those that give me an autumny feel, they would be:
  • Forever Darling by Desi Arnaz and The Pied Pipers or The Amez Brothers
  • Dream by Frank Sinatra or Fred Astaire
  • Singing In The Rain by Gene Kelly
  • On The Street Where You Live by Bill Shirley or Dean Martin or Vic Damone
And one of my favourite Korean songs; Blue by BIGBANG always gives me a gloomy feel. It's a cross between Autumn and Winter for me.


There are also songs that are not necessarily a favourite of mine, but that are actually fitting for this occasion and I thought would be great to add to my Autumn playlist:
  • Autumn Leaves by Frank Sinatra (who was too cute in this video hehehe)
  • Twilight Time by The Platters
  • Just Walking In The Rain by The Prinsonaires
Books:


I don't have a particular book I like to read this time of year, but right now I am reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier for the bookclub, which happens to be a Thriller.

Comments

  1. This is my new favourite post. I love it because the films, sitcoms and music have the best memories. I absolutely knew that we’d get most of them the same and I was afraid you’d forget to add ‘Blue’ to your list but you didn’t...YAY!!!
    ‘The Littest Rascals’ are the cutest...they all looked like vintage cartoons...heheh.
    Is that girl with pigtails scribbling on the television screen?
    You made me want to watch ‘Casper’ so much...I can cry.
    I love all the photos you chose. I’ve just noticed ‘Woody Woodpecker’ Comic in the last one...I miss it...the cartoon not comic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never forget “Blue” hehe

      Yes they did! The were the cutest!

      Yes hahaha because she’s a creep who wanted to kill her mother hahaha

      Actually even as I wrote Casper I wanted to cry... I wish I had remembered before this post.

      Heh heh heeeeeeh heeeh
      Heh heh heeeeeeh heeeh

      He he he he he

      Delete
  2. Hahhaha I was thinking what you meant by the laughing, then I read what I wrote last.
    Mother killer HAHAHAHA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment