ETIQUETTE & MANNERS 101: Common Vulgarisms of Speech

Just noticed I haven't posted some etiquette tutorials in a while, so here's a new one about slang.


I occasionally use slang words and agree with the article in that it depends on the use. If used to express something entirely different from the meaning, I think it's quite silly.

My use of slang used to be much more frequent simply because I found it rather funny, never because I found it "cool", and most of the time I'd be quoting lines from films or television. I didn't use it to an extent where it came naturally. Still, I felt I needed to stop, because I'm in my thirties hehehe.

I don't see a problem of course if you use a lot of it, but it's also nice to actually listen to a conversation - or just a sentence - using proper English.

Comments