Shirley Temple's 92nd Birthday

Today would have been Shirley Temple's 92nd birthday had she still been alive.

I had watched many of her films as a child and my favourite used to be The Little Princess, 1939. I don't know if I'd feel the same way about it today though as I have been disappointed so many times rewatching my childhood favourites hehe.
 

I do recommend you watch Heidi, 1937, if you haven't watched any of her films yet.

I would like to recommend some of the films she had done as a teenager, but her acting at that age really got on my nerves, so I omitted it from my post hehe.

She was cute as a child and for the sort of films she did back then, her acting didn't seem bad, actually I take that back because it seemed really good, especially whenever she cried...
But when the cuteness faded, her acting went along with it.

Anyway if you want to watch her teenage films maybe try I'll Be Seeing You, 1944 or The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer, 1947.

What are your favourite Temple films?

Comments

  1. I think watching her childhood films makes me a bit disturbed.
    And her teenage films were not the best especially with her terrible acting. I did enjoy some but she actually ruined the films for me for a while and only thinking about scenes would make me feel the films weren’t bad it was just her that ruined it haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were very disturbing at times...
      The poor child...

      I think one has to get accustomed to her style of - teenage - acting inorder to enjoy her films hahahhaha otherwise they wouldn't be bearable hahahaha

      Delete

Post a Comment