ETIQUETTE & MANNERS: Dos And Don'ts About Napkins

I know these etiquettes are simple and to most of us, come naturally, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen people either use the napkins the wrong way or never use them at all.



This lesson actually reminds of this one time, in Salzburg, when Rasha and I went to a Pizzeria in Alstadt and there was this head waiter, who was so obnoxious, he made everyone nervous.

Whilst we were having our meal, we observed him - actually we couldn't help but hear his every word, because he was so loud haha - and noticed that, for some reason, he picked a victim from each table, then proceeded to belittle and embarrass them.

In our table, he chose me...

When we finished our meal and asked for the bill, he told me that if I knew any etiquette, I would know to place my napkin on the plate...
Of course, I knew he was wrong. Even children know that, but we were so shocked that neither of us  knew what to say. Besides, how do you react to uncultured boorish personalities?

Anyway, when he brought the bill, he said "the tip's not included in the bill", and I replied "and it won't" hehehe.

I felt very uncomfortable at the time, but now as I am writing about the incident, I find it hilarious!

The funny thing about him was - other than being imbecilic - that he wasn't aware he was working in an inexpensive pizzeria rather than a five-star hotel. Even when we spotted him sitting in a bus, his head was raised high as though everything was beneath him. I think he thought he was in a limo hahhaha.
He lives in his own little world, where he rules with bizzare etiquette.

Comments

  1. Oh no why did you have to remind me of this horrible horrible man.
    He ruined the rest of our day which started out lovely.
    I think if we didn’t witness him picking on a person from each table I would’ve thought he was being a racist, especially with his “you’re in Europe” remark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hahaha especially that Austria has a very unique sort of etiquette...
      Nothing like Europe hahahaha

      Delete

Post a Comment