POLL: Which Johnson Taylor Films Are Your Favourite?

Today is Elizabeth Taylor’s birthday. I initially wanted to write a short biography about Elizabeth as a birthday celebration, but I found that I am still not in the mood for anything new, so instead I decided to revive another old Instagram poll, so we can discuss them or just because I wanted to transfer my junk.


Van Johnson and Elizabeth Taylor made two films together:
  1. The Big Hangover, 1950
  2. The Last Time I Saw Paris, 1954
Which Van & Liz films are your favourite?

I prefer the first one even though til this day I cannot comprehend the reasoning behind casting Van opposite Elizabeth... (my review here)

The second one I watched a long time ago and hated it so much that I felt it could be used as a torture mechanism in times of war!

Elizabeth's character was so hideous that it made me appreciate myself more. I only watched it because I heard so much about it and thought it was a romantic comedy - plus Rasha and I wanted to watch more of Elizabeth's films as always. All I can say is I won't be reviewing it anytime, because I forgot most of it and won't inflict myself with any more pain by rewatching it. 

There was one thing I loved about the film though, and that was Elizabeth's style and hair. She was so beautiful in it!

Comments

  1. Hahahha...yes that was probably the worst film we’ve watched and definitely the worst from her list of films.
    I love ‘The Big Hangover’ but wish it wasn’t Van Johnson. It’s annoying me to this day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment