ETIQUETTE & MANNERS 101: The Attitude of Indifference

People these days don't care much about manners, so I decided to post some simple vintage advice I find, every month, maybe we could all learn from them.


I wish parents nowadays would attempt teaching their children at least this form of respect. I see children lying down on sofas and resting their feet on tables - which is disgusting - while other adults including elderly are around.

Slouching is natural to children or teenagers and I used to do it at that age, but as soon as someone would walk in, I would sit up as a form of respect. Unfortunately, I don't witness that kind of common courtesy these days...

Comments

  1. Parents act like ill-mannered teenagers nowadays, so teaching their children any form of respect is out of the question. I'm disgusted by them, especially the mothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know! You'd find that most of these parents were actually taught manners as children, but that had decided to go against their norm out of pure laziness.
      Nobody has the time or energy for children these days, so they let the small things go until they accumalte and as a result you are stuck with rude selfish children. How distressful...

      Delete

Post a Comment