Arlene Dahl's Hollywood Hair Styles Tutorials

I love all things classic and it's not only films, but also the style, so I'll be posting a lot about styles of different eras I love. 

In the past, I had tried out hairstyles by looking at pictures and video tutorials to help me achieve them, so I wanted to share some of them with you every month if possible.


Today we'll start with tutorials from "10 Hollywood Hair Styles And How To Do Them Yourself" by Arlene Dahl, 1952.

I only chose four tutorials from the article, as the actresses/hairstyles featured weren't particularly appealing to me.


Who's Hairstyles Do You Like The Most Out Of The Glamour Girls Of Golden-Age Hollywood?


From the top of my head I can say I love Gene Tierney, Lauren Bacall, Hedy Lamarr, Rita Hayworth, Tallulah Bankhead and Veronica Lake's hairstyles.


Comments

  1. From the tutorials you shared I love Gene Tierney, Hedy Lamarr and Lauren Bacall's hairstyles. I hate Elizabeth Taylor's hairstyle in this one, but I love hers in the min 1950's. Other than them I think the other 3 you've mentioned and also Grace Kelly, Carole Lombard and Lana Turner.
    The worst hairstyle on the other hand was Doris Day's...heheh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doris Day hahahhaha
      Yes me too. I guess they thought Ellizabeth Taylor was so pretty that a bad haircut wouldn't effect it. And they were right hahaha
      Yes I love the extra three you mentioned as well. I was thinking there surely were more hehe

      Delete

Post a Comment