Who Is Your Favourite Horror Film Star?


I love so many but I tried to keep my answer simple this time.
My favourites are three people that I feel had excelled in the Horror and Thriller genres; Vincent Price, Bette Davis and Joan Crawford.


Although, Price wasn't a great actor, he always seemed to have fun on film. I loved him more as an actor when he moved to Horror. His over-acting and comical portrayals of villians made him stand out.

There are of course Horror greats like Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi, but I believe Price was the one who bridged genres and who turned Horror into mainstream at the time.

Davis excelled in every genre, but Thrillers came natural to her. I loved that she was never afraid to look bad on camera, which allowed her to portray her characters to the highest levels of evil and in turn, made her the most perfect villainess.

She was the one who got me into Thrillers, otherwise it would've been just something I'd look into for Halloween. Her films are the kind you can enjoy at anytime of the year.
She did to Thrillers what price did to Horrors.

Crawford is another great, who had a certain charm about her acting that shined in thrillers. I loved seeing her as the victim, but even more so, as the villain, because it feels so far from her personality.

How neither Davis nor Crawford won Oscars for their thrillers is beyond me!

Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS POST because it’s just like reading my thoughts...your choices are perfect and the description you gave is very exact!!!
    Poor Vincent Price, he shouldn’t have ever done dramatic roles in the first place hehehe...or good guy roles...hahhhaha. I absolutely agree with you about him turning Horror into mainstream.
    His films you can watch throughout the year, but Karloff and Lugosi’s films were more for Halloween.
    I wish Bette Davis and Joan Crawford made more films together...sadne e e e ess, sadness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you!

      You’re right, Karloff and Lugosi films are more halloweenish than Price.

      Hahahha you got me singing the song now!

      I wish!

      Delete

Post a Comment