Happy Halloween

Halloween or All Hallows Eve is a Christian celebration that is known to have Pagan roots. It is a day of remembering the dead, especially saints and martyrs.

Nowadays though, it is celebrated all around the world and is seen as a fun commercial holiday.

As almost everyone no longer celebrates Halloween spiritually, society has come up with different ways to promote it, so I'll be listing those I feel are the funnest!

You can also check out my Macabtobre section for more too.

Celebrating Halloween:
1. Trick or Treating is one of the activities children do on Halloween night. They dress up in costume and go from door to door asking for sweets.

    London, 1950s           
    We have a similar celebration during Ramadan called Qaranqasho where children dress up in traditional attire and go around asking for sweets. There's a special song they sing while roaming the streets too.

    2. Costume Parties are popular in Halloween as they is an excuse for adults to dress up in characters without seeming childish hehehe
        
    3. Haunted Houses are one of the most frequented venues during Halloween because well they're fun!

    4. Horror Films are a great way to have a scare without leaving the comfort of your own home hehe
      Well that's about all I can think of right now, so I'll leave you with Marilyn Manson's version of Nightmare Before Christmas's "This Is Halloween":


      Hope you have a wonderfully horrid night!

      Comments

      1. That picture of the children by the door is hilariously funny. I love their costumes.
        I miss going to the old haunted house in Trocadero. Every time we went it I regretted it even though it was just a long empty corridor...hahah!!!
        The song!!!!!!!! It reminded me, we forgot to watch ‘Nightmare before Christmas’ this time...it completely slipped my mind...

        ReplyDelete
        Replies
        1. Hahaha I don’t remember the haunted house. Did I ever go in it?

          Yes I know! It’s been on my mind all week but I thought we’d probably watch it on Halloween. But I only remembered as I was writing this post, which by then we had already decided to watch Wait Until Dark and I can’t complain.

          Delete
        2. Halloween is my fav holiday.. The whole of October actually ... I love everything about it! I miss it already!

          Delete

      Post a Comment