Autumn Decorations

I have many ideas of how my house should look like every season. As I love themey celebrations, I also imagine my house having a seasonal theme or even monthly, if possible. Even the late Rose Marie from The Dick Van Dyke Show used to love making her house look festive all year long and she always decorated by season or special occasion.


After my sister Mia posted The Magic of Halloween on her blog earlier this month, I kept thinking about my own inspirations for Halloween decorations.

So today I'll share with you my favourite decorations!

Interior:
I don't like to over do it, so my decorations indoors will be very subtle.


I love miniature Dutch canal houses, especially delft ones, but these plain white ones from Bonnie & Bell can blend with anything. I love to have a cosy feel and this is just the kind of soft lighting that would achieve that. It is also a decoration that can be used for any occasion and I'd probably use it for every occasion hehe

I found this beautiful delft pumpkin-shaped Chinese ginger jar, which is great to store the sweets that are to be handed to trick-or-treaters.


I love to add some hints of classic films, so what better way to display classic horror villians than through Russian nesting dolls.


Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature From The Black Lagoon and The Mummy with a few glass pumpkins by Simon Pearce here and there makes for a wonderfully spooky display.

Exterior:
The garden is the easiest way to decorate, because you can go all out without feeling the place looks cluttered.


I love tree lighting, because it feels like tiny little fairies and would ultimately make the place look magical. Hopefully by the Autumn season, we would have orange hued leaves, which would look even better with the lights.

If for some reason I couldn't get the trees done, I would have a pathway lighting added. Maybe even both.

Owls are my favourite birds and as they are considered in most cultures; sinister birds, they are usually used in Halloween decorations. So naturally, I would use them in my decorations too.

These white ceramic owl lamps are perfect for the doorway display. I love that they are different types of owls too.

I love delft designs and I found this beautiful post from Between Naps On The Porch on how to make your own delft pumpkins like those:


She copied the Ralph Lauren Porcelain designs - which I LOVE - and stuck them onto the pumpkins. I found that some people paint the pumpkins, which sounds like a fun project to do with the family, but this way is the easiest and neatest to get it done.

Polish pumpkin pottery is also great, but you have to see it in person to choose the perfect one, because they're all hand made. I like the larger ones, but couldn't find the colour I like to add here.

These pumpkins would also be in the doorway and I would probably add normal orange pumpkins into the mix, to add a little colour to the display.

Well that's all I can think of right now, but I'll probably add more in my collection in the coming years! Laters!

Comments

  1. I LOVE THIS POST, AND I LOVE YOUR AUTUMN DECOR!!!
    I think we should either live far awat from each other or be neighbours because we’ll most likely have the same exact homes as each other.
    I think you’ll have the best garden...well second best, after me of-course. I love the owls so much. I hope you find something very similar if not it. The nesting dolls are too cute...Bela Lugosi is the cutest hahhaha.
    I saw the pumpkin design ones and saved them in my laptop...but due to my poor sight I thought it was a porcelain pumpkin hahha...her work is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Dutch houses...I want them!!!

      Delete
    2. Yes I imagined you’d feel that way as I always feel about your choices. I’m not surprised you already have some of those saved hehe

      I want to see how your seasonal decoration inspirations look like, so I can add some more to mine hehehe

      Delete
  2. OMG how did I miss this post I LOVE your decorating ideas love love love... The garden the pumkins ..the dutch houses .. love all of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you! That makes me love it even more now!

      Delete

Post a Comment