RIP Sakura Momoko


Miki Miura, most notebly known by her pen name, Sakura Momoko さくら ももこ,  passed away yesterday from cancer. She is one of my favourite manga artists and her popular Chibi Maruko-chan ちびまる子ちゃん series was one of my favourite childhood animations.

Miki was born in Tokyo on 8th May 1965 and the Maruko-chan series was based on her childhood during the 1970s. It inspired me to create my own version of it but I had stopped and had sort of forgotten about it all together, until I read the news about her passing.

I don't know why a little part of my heart aches. I never knew her but it feels a little like a part of my childhood had died...

Comments

  1. I know what you mean...it makes it hard to watch Chibi Maruko-chan now...she was one of the most talented in her field.
    She made me see how similar we all are even though we come from different places, cultures and generations, by seeing a lot of my childhood in hers.
    RIP Sakura Momoko...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment