James Dean's 90th Birthday

Today is James Dean's birthday and he would have turned 88 had he still been alive, so I thought we could celebrate with a poll - also because I wanted to revive th last of my old Instagram posts hehehe.


Anyway Dean died so young, so he doesn't have a long list of films we could choose from, but he did leave a huge mark in Hollywood with the few he had.
 

 

In the early years of his short-lived career, he took on a lot of small roles in films and TV films before he hit it big, but there are only three films he really starred in and they are:
  1. East Of Eden, 1955
  2. Rebel Without A Cause, 1955
  3. Giant, 1956
Have you ever watched any of those films?

The first two I had watched as a child, but have no recollection of the story behind East of Eden, because I haven't had a chance to rewatch it in recent years as I did with Rebel Without A Cause.
I only watched Giant as an adult, though I do remember watching parts of it when I was a teenager. I think it was a scene when the characters got older. Rasha, my brother and I thought, they were actually old hahahha

Which of the films is your favourite?


Out of the two films that I do remember, I think Giant is my favourite, but he was superb in both films. He made me believe he was the character in both occasions, which explains the hype over him, even though I know it isn't for that reason.

I know I probably should have answered this question after I had a chance to watch East of Eden again hehe. But I'll eventually write about it anyway....I think, so I'll let you know then, in the meantime read my review on Rebel Without A Cause, 1955.

Comments