Farewell Olivia de Havilland...

It is with great sadness that I have the misfortune to write about the passing of one of Hollywood's legends; Olivia de Havilland.

I know death is inevitable, but this year has been filled with many such tragic news, that it feels difficult to go back to posting on this page, yet I could not go along without acknowledging the life of such a great actress.

Even if she was not among my favourites, I still always thought she deserved the praise she had received for her work. She had starred in some of the highest earning films and lived up to them.

As a classic film enthusiast, I cannot deny that she is one of the greatest and that she is among those who had a vital role in making old Hollywood what it is today.

If you have followed my blog or Instagram, you would know that one of my dreams was to meet living old Hollywood actors and she was on the top of that list.

Unfortunately, just as so many others I had missed, this is no longer possible... 

Alas, let us remember her legacy through her wonderful work.

What Are Your Favourite Olivia De Havilland Films?

My favourites are:

Gone With The Wind (1939)
The Dark Mirror (1946)
The Heiress (1949)
My Cousin Rachel (1952)
Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte (1964)

But, The Heiress is my very favourite. 

I should very much like to watch more of her films, because it feels as though I hadn't seen enough, but I think it would be very hard to watch any of them at the moment, as my heart is still heavy.

Farewell Dame Olivia, you will be sorely missed...

Comments

  1. I still can’t believe it...

    All the films on your list are my favourites, there are a few others I remember liking but need to rewatch. I really liked that film she starred along side Brian Aherne, but I just found it strange for them to act as love interests when he was married to Joan Fontaine in real life...maybe this was before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I thought so too, but they got married in 1939 and that film was two years prior hehe

      Delete

Post a Comment