POLL: Which Bogie & Bacall Film Is Your Favourite?

On this day - 21st May - in 1945, Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall tied the knot. They made four films together and through the first one Bacall's career was launched.



Their combo made these amazing film noirs:

  • To Have And Have Not, 1944
  • The Big Sleep, 1946
  • Dark Passage, 1947
  • Key Largo, 1948
Which is your favourite?  
I watched only half of To Have And Have Not and I don't remember much of The Big Sleep, so I don't really know how I can answer this hehehe

All I remember is that Rasha and I watched all four in sequence. I can say that I instantly loved Key Largo and loved the concept behind Dark Passage - don't remember if I loved the film though.
Therefore I choose Key Largo out of the four!

I always imagined that back in the 1950s, Bogart and Bacall considered making a comeback with an amazing film noir had Bogart not passed away...

That would've been perfection!

Comments

  1. I think for me it has to be “Dark Passage”. And 2nd would be “Key Largo”. I loved Edward G. Robinson’s character the most, but I still choose “Dark Passage” because it was a strangely cozy film to me...hehhe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that we've rewatched "Dark Passage", I'm not sure which is my favourite hehe.
      I think I can make a better decision after rewatching "Key largo"...

      Delete

Post a Comment