November


I love November, because it is around that time, when the weather starts getting cooler in Oman and we start seeing a few days of rain. Most places that celebrate Christmas start putting up decorations in the streets and people start their Christmas shopping. Such a lovely feeling.
     
Even though I live in Oman, I always imagine November in London. The weather is always foggy with rain showers every other day and everyone wearing raincoats and holding umbrellas. What a beautiful sight...

Seeing as this is a blog, I decided to set my own weather and atmosphere for every month and that there is no real location, but what I choose it to be. Therefore this month my blog will have London weather hehe

I love November because Maple leaves turn to orange hues and fall from the trees covering the earth, while Chrysanthemums are in bloom, bringing such cheerfulness and love to compensate for the wonderfully gloomy weather.


      


Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night’s decay
Ushers in a drearier day.
 _____
  Emily Brontë

As November falls in Autumn still, I will continue posting about the season as I had on the previous month. Of course I will no longer post Horror/Thriller reviews and/or anything related to celebrating Halloween, but another month means another theme, so for this month, I will be focusing on Film Noir.
I love themes because they're fun to do and I get to watch and learn more about genres that I might not have otherwise considered watching.

I remember I used to like Film Noir, but not love it. To me it was almost like Horror, but more bearable. Now of course, I don't know who that was hehe because, in recent years, it has become one of my favourite genres.

The reason why I chose noir for this month is actually because the classic film community had created a month-long celebration of the genre and called it Noirvember. I will get into that in another post though.

Another topic that is celebrated throughout this month is Movember. It is a month dedicated to men's health awareness. Men usually show their support by growing a moustache - I will get into more detail on the specific post.

November is also Novel Writing Month. I've always wanted to be a writer - I think I've wanted to be everything at some point actually hehe - and I had ventured at writing a little in the past, but never finished any work. What I had started and could possibly finish isn't a genre I enjoy reading anymore. Of course, I could make a few changes to it, but it needs a lot of effort and patience of which I have none hehe. If I do attempt it again though, I think this month is perfect for it, so if I do any writing I will let you know about it on another special post.

There are many things to post about this month, including many stars' birthdays, so I will try to post them all, but I doubt I could hehe

Toodles, Poodles!

Comments

  1. poodles hahah!!!
    Okay, so I'm definitely going to copy your idea and do a seasonal thing (or as Hamad says "Thingy")...heheh.
    I absolutely love this post. It feels so cosy and I love the poem so much. I didn't know just how much I missed your blog posts until I read this. I'm a little too excited to see what you post this month, can't wait for your Noir Film reviews!!!
    ...I sure miss London, especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thingy bajingy
      You always get me excited to post, so will try to post as I used to!
      I can't wait to see your version of November or Autumn, hopefully it won't make me want to edit mine hehhehe

      Delete

Post a Comment