A Party For Bankhead

While browsing the Life Magazine archive, I came across these photographs of a party Hedda Hopper hosted for Tallulah Bankhead.


The photographs were taken in November, 1950, but no specific date and no reason behind the party was given. I did not find any record of a show or a film Bankhead was starring in around that time, infact I think she had been on a film haitus since 1945 and only went back to Hollywood around 1952. So I guess the party was just random.




The guests included A-class celebrities, like Ethel Barrymore, Humphrey Bogart, Laurence Olivier, Vivien Leigh, Ginger Rogers, Greer Garson, Danny Kaye, William Holden and Ronald Colman, as well as politicians like Richard Nixon - who was not yet President at the time of the party.

Comments

  1. That seemed like such a fun party, especially that I would have never thought all these people were friends...such an unusual group.
    Once I came across one of these photographs while searching either Vivien Leigh or Laurence Olivier and thought it was an academy awards party or something.
    I wonder what the party was for...and early surprise birthday party maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was also thinking how fun this party looked haahhaha
      If it was for her birthday then it's two months early hahahhaa that would've been a real surprise hahahha
      Maybe she was still doing plays, but there are no records of those I could find and IMDb doesn't write those down so...

      Delete

Post a Comment