National Pigeons Day


Today is probably the worst celebration of the year...
It's National Pigeons Day.

Don't get me wrong, I love animals, but these little demon birds have always had something against me.

There was this one morning - back when I was still in University - I played hooky and went strolling along the park, minding my own business while giving out free smiles to the people.

As I walked, I passed by this begger woman sitting on a bench feeding these cute peace-loving birds, when suddenly she decided to make a new enemy and threw the birdfeed infront of me and all those little dirts came at me.
I think I stood there screaming in horror for a whole minute, while the pigeons trimmed my hair, gave me a perm and a bonus swedish facial.
While I was getting an impromptu beauty treatment, the people I smiled at earlier, just stared and hugged eachother.


I did my best to fight the demons off and when it was over, I felt like someone had thrown me off a cliff. The %!&* people smiled and leaned forward as a gesture of support! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
I ignored everyone of course and walked fast past them. I heard laughter...
I couldn't hold it in so I laughed too, but I was very embarrassed, because back then, I didn't just walk and smile, I acted cool and this really ruined my image hahaha


Of course there were times when mean beggers didn't have to throw food at you for pigeons to want to cut your hair.
There was a time when I was walking on a crowded pavement, a pigeon suddenly grabbed my hair from the back and messed up my ponytail. I screeched and broke out in a sweat, then it just flew away.
I looked around me and everyone pretended like nothing happened. You know when people try to be nice and pretend they didn't witness an embarrassment, so that you don't feel more embarrassed, well that doesn't work. I far prefer people laughing with me. Also because I'd be laughing anyway and I would look less like a psychopath if I wasn't the only one laughing hahaha


Anyway, I thought maybe if I posted photographs of Elizabeth Taylor - taken by Chris Ware and George Konig in London, on November 1948 - with pigeons, it might make celebrating these feathered rats a little more acceptable.

Comments

  1. HHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    This is the funniest post, I just read this post 3 times...hahhaha. I love it so much. My stomach hurts so much from laughing!!! The funniest thing is that you're always alone when they attack...HAHAHA!!!
    "People stared and hugged each other" HAHAHA my heart!!!
    While reading this I kept imagining one of the 'Friends' characters in the same situation. They could've really used your real life horror story for the show. I think this for Phoebe maybe...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahhahaha I want to say it wasn't funny at the time, but I can't lie. Even when I thought I was going to get killed, I knew it was funny hahahahaha
      Actually I can see them going through something like this. They really should have had an episode with pigeons and something happened to each of them alone. Like one pigeon could've 'you know' on someone's head or suit and another with a begger etc. And it could be a little bit like "The Birds", but with pigeons hahahha

      Delete

Post a Comment