National Pumpkin Day

Today is National Pumpkin Day 🎃 which is a celebration of the most favourable autumn decoration and ingredient; the pumpkin.


I don't particularly like to eat pumpkin. Actually I've only tried it once, in Ravioli and it wasn't that bad but it wasn't that good either.

If you're thinking of carving pumpkins for decorations but don't like to eat it, then you can use it as a face and body mask instead.

Pumpkin is a great antiageing agent as it has antioxidants like Vitamin A and C which help boost collagen production and brighten the skin.

I found one good mask that I would like to try out:
  • 1/2 Cup Pumpkin puree
  • 1 tsp Honey
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
I had tried Cinnamon with Honey as a mask before and it was great. I've also tried Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner for some time and my skin was very smooth, so I'm sure this mixture would be most nourishing for the skin. You can also add an essential oil to boost the benefits of the mask. Of course you have to make sure the oil is suitable for your skin no matter how good it smells hehe.


Anyway if you need tips on carving your pumpkin, just watch this cheesy classic 1950s take on it.



Comments

  1. The mask beginning to look like pumpkin pie until I read APPLE CIDER VINEGAR hahaha!
    We should try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment