Tuesday, July 5, 2011

❥ DAISO Oman

Last month, I asked my Japanese tutor if she knew a place that sold Japanese products (since they might tell her these things at the embassy) and she told me about DAISO.

First I was super excited cause when I told her about my Sanrio and all things KAWAII obsession, (and how heart-broken I was after it shutdown http://www.emocutez.com) she told me they had Sanrio stuff in DAISO. So (when she couldn't explain the way) she told me she'll go with me whenever I decided to go.

On a Thursday (feels like a story book) my tutor, Rasha & I went to DAISO.

Photobucket

There weren't any Sanrio plushies but there were pieces of papers with Sanrio characters on them http://www.emocutez.com hmmm so we didn't buy those. BUT there were other wonderful things:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

She introduced us to the Japanese manager (who's no longer there) and I spoke a little Japanese with him hehehehe FUN STUFF  http://www.emocutez.com

Anyway, these are a few things we bought (these are only my things, I didn't take pictures of Rasha & my neices and Nephew's stuff):

Photobucket

I also bought these cool stickers so she could stick them on my tests hehehe (and she HAS):

Photobucket

But it turns out the golden ones are for 1st prize and the red is for "very good" and DAMMIT I wanted Sugoi http://www.emocutez.com

Nevermind I intended to buy more stickers anyway http://www.emocutez.com

13 comments:

  1. you forgot to mention how HOT it was...can't wait to go there again and again and again...I hope we find new things this time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YEAH...I forgot to add the part about the weather inside...I think the place was a result of volcanic activity but do you remember when we went to one side of the store and there was a tornado...Alhamulilah we're still alive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why we haven't such shops here?! I can't understand :D
    Japanese, Korean and Chinese things often look cute ~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. On their site http://www.daiso-sangyo.co.jp/english/stores/overseas.html it seems there are none in Russia =P maybe they'll open soon. In Oman there are 2 but in different places...only one in Muscat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe there is no, because Japan and Russia hasn't good relation in politics.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahhah really? oh XD well you can see the similarities between Russia and Japan through this blog http://nihongoup.com/blog/
    It's a Russian guy's blog...he teaches Japanese and he always posts stuff about the the connections between Russia and Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay cool stuff .. I went there last week and the week before ..! couldn't stop buying !
    who was the manager ? I saw two sales person one is indian the other is like Asian is he Japanese?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Waad! X}
    I want to go again too hehehehe isn't the best.....just wish it was bigger and cooler hehehehe...inshAllah next week...I want to buy more origami stuff and maybe kawaii baking shapes =P

    The manager already left he's Japanese...but now yeah there are only 1 indian, 2 omani ladies, and one...not really sure if he's Japanese...my sis says he spoke with a Japanese sort of accent but I don't think he is cause the tutor just told me that the manager was Japanese she never mentioned the sales clerks =/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stuff .... you have to take me and especially Meera there as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. COOL...can't wait for you to get back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi my dear sister,
    thank you for the birthday wish :)
    So sister hows your finger? hope your doing well
    please take care

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're welcome =}

    Yes I'm very well thank you, thank you for asking.

    They removed my stitches last Thursday but I still have to change my dressing every two days and there is still an opening that should heal itself.

    I still haven't seen the surgeon but I will see him on the 16th insh'Allah and hopefully by then, the wound will be healed and everything will be back to normal XD

    ReplyDelete