Friday, April 15, 2011

جمعة مباركة ❀ Blessed Friday

A few months ago I bought a book called "Sahih Al-Bukhari" (which every muslim should buy), but I hadn't even read anything UNTIL NOW. So I decided to make it my top priority to atleast learn something new from it every Friday.

Photobucket

I thought I'd start with learning about the virtues and ethics of Friday, so LET'S GO http://www.emocutez.com


Friday is a holy day in Islam:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم
خير يوم طلعت عليه الشمس يوم الجمعة، فيه خلق آدم، وفيه أدخل الجنة، وفيه أخرج منها، ولا تقوم الساعة إلا في يوم الجمعة


The Profit (SAaW) said:
The best day on which the sun has risen is Friday; on it Adam was created. on it he was made to enter Paradise, on it he was expelled from it. And the last hour will take place on no day other than Friday


قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم
نحن الآخرون السابقون يوم القيامة، بيد أنهم أتوا الكتاب من قبلنا، ثم هذا يومهم الذي فرض عليهم فاختلفوا فيه، فهدانا الله، فالناس لنا فيه تبع: اليهود غدا والنصارى بعد غد

The Profit (SAaW) said:
We (Muslims) are the last (to come) but (will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection though the former nations were given the Holy Scriptures before us. And this was their day (Friday) the celebration of which was made compulsory for them but they differed about it. So Allah gave us the guidance for it (Friday) and all the other people are behind us in this respect: the Jews' (holy day is) tomorrow (i.e. Saturday) and the Christians' (is) the day after tomorrow (i.e. Sunday)

This means that eventhough the Jews and Christians came before the Muslims:
  • The Muslims would be the first on judgement day.
  • The Jews & Christians altered what Allah had told them through the profits Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them). They changed they're holy days, but not in Islam, alhamdulilah, Allah guided us back to the truth through profit Muhammad (SAaW).
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Before going to the mosque for Friday prayer, you should:

1- Bathe:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم
إذا راح أحدكم إلى الجمعة فليغتسل

The Profit (SAaW) said:
Anyone of you attending the Friday (prayers) should take a bath

2- Make sure you smell good:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم
لا يغتسل رجل يوم الجمعة، ويتطهر ما استطاع من طهر، ويدهن من دهنه، أو يمس من طيب بيته، ثم يخرج فلا يفرق بين اثنين، ثم يصلي ما كتب له، ثم ينصت إذا تكلم الإمام، إلا غفر له ما بينه وبين الجمعة الأخرى

The Profit (SAaW) said:
Whoever takes a bath on Friday, purifies himself as much as he can, then uses his (hair) oil or perfumes himself with the scent of his house, then proceeds (for the Jumua prayer) and does not separate two persons sitting together (in the mosque), then prays as much as (Allah has) written for him and then remains silent while the Imam is delivering the Khutba, his sins in-between the present and the last Friday would be forgiven

3- Brush your teeth:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم
لولا أن أشق على أمتي، أو على الناس لأمرتهم بالسواك مع كل صلاة

The Profit (SAaW) said:
If I had not found it hard for my followers or the people, I would have ordered them to clean their teeth with Siwak for every prayer

Siwak is a twig that the profit Muhammad (SAaW) used to clean his teeth with.

Photobucket

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Puncuality is key:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
يَاأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا نُودِي لِلصَّلَاةِ مِنْ يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ فَاسْعَوْا إِلَى ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ

In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate
O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salât (prayer) on the day of Friday (Jumu'ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allâh [Jumu'ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salât (prayer)]


قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم
إذا كان يوم الجمعة وقفت الملائكة على أبواب المسجد، فيكتبون الأول فالأول، فمثل المهجر إلى الجمعة كمثل الذي يهدي بدنة، ثم كالذي يهدي بقرة، ثم كالذي يهدي كبشاً، ثم كالذي يهدي دجاجة، ثم كالذي يهدي بيضة، فإذا خرج الإمام وقعد على المنبر، طووا صحفهم وجلسوا يسمعون الذكر

The Profit (SAaW) said:
When it is a Friday, the angels stand at the gate of the mosque and keep on writing the names of the persons coming to the mosque in succession according to their arrivals. The example of the one who enters the mosque in the earliest hour is that of one offering a camel (in sacrifice). The one coming next is like one offering a cow and then a ram and then a chicken and then an egg respectively. When the Imam comes out (for Jumua prayer) they (i.e. angels) fold their papers and listen to the Khutba

So if you want a greater reward InshAllah, go early

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Women are allowed to go to Friday prayer:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم
لا تمنعوا إماء الله مساجد الله ولكن ليخرجن وهن تفلات

The Profit (SAaW) said:
Do not prevent the female servants of Allah from visiting the mosques of Allah, but they may go out (to the mosque) having no perfumed themselves.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Fasting on Friday:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم
لا يصوم أحدكم يوم الجمعة إلى يوماً قبله أو بعده
The Profit (SAaW) said:
None of you should fast on Friday unless he fasts a day before or after it

Fasting on Friday can only be permissable if you're not fasting it for the sake of fasting the day of Friday. If you fast because you're trying to make due with the days you've missed during ramadhan then it is fine. And if you're fasting a day like 'Arafah' or 'Ashurah' and it happened to be on the day of Friday, then that is alright because you're not fasting for the day of Friday but you're fasting for the purpose of 'Arafah' etc.

Wa Allahu Aalam

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Good read on Friday:

عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه قال
   كان النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يقرأ في الجمعة، في صلاة الفجر: {آلم تنزيل} السجدة، و {هل أتى على الإنسان

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet used to recite the following in the Fajr prayer of Friday, "Alif, Lam, Mim, Tanzil" (Surat-as-Sajda) and "Hal-ata-ala-l-Insani"

Everyone should read Surat "Al Sajda" and Surat "Al Insan" on Fridays because they remind us about the beginning & end, heaven & hell so we don't go astray InshAllah.

This is what I've learned today Alhamdulilah, hope you've learned something too. If I had made any mistakes please guide me, I'm not an Islamic scholar, I'm just a muslim trying to be a better muslim InshAllah.

If you have additional information about Friday, then please share but with reference, Thank you.

If you wanted to read the book online, you can do so here:
In Arabic
In English
And both together

Salam http://www.emocutez.com

10 comments:

  1. this is great information...nice to read something like this every friday :)
    I will buy some Islamic books as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool buy "Sahih Muslim" so we can teach eachother X}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will buy the english version so I could actually READ it...or at-least read it faster...
    hmmm or maybe I should buy the arabic version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy the arabic, it's not so hard when you search for the meanings and translations online, and it's always better to read it in arabic, afterall the Quran is in arabic =}

    BismAllah A'Rahman A'Raheem
    "Ina anzalnahu qur'anan 'arabian la'alakum ta'qilun"
    Sadaqa Allahu Al'atheem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sister Noora,

    You've got very brilliant blog :)
    I like the way you write..I saw your link in my statics page.
    Thanks for adding AstrOceanOmy as your favourite :)
    I will link yours as well.

    About this topic:
    I got the same book as digital in my iphone.
    Both Sahih AlBukhari and Sahih Muslim..

    You reminded me with that miswak which profit Muhammad (SAAW) used to clean his teeth.. I still got the same since last & the first time I went to Umrah in the last Ramadhan :) , and I have to say that its works like a charm, better than the normal brush and Colgate.

    Best regards,
    Mundhir

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahhahha thanx X} yeah I read your blog...I love your style of writing and you're really funny too hehehe my brother is into space and planets and that kind of stuff so you remind me a lot of him that's why I like to read it =}

    About the miswak, I really want to try it, but do they sell it in Oman?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sister Noora,

    Thanks :) ,so does your brother have a blog?
    Please let him contact me? I might know him if he's a member of OAS...Oman Astronomical Society

    Regarding the miswak...I bought one long time ago in Muscat..I don't remember the place..but let me find out and I will inform you InShaAllah..

    I see you excited about the miswak, but be careful while using it...The first time I got hurt..bleeding because that miswak is a bit hard compared to normal toothbrush and Colgate :)
    But It's the best in terms of:
    1-Whitening
    2-Cleaning /germs killer :)
    3-removing the bad smell..
    4-and mobile..put it in your bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No my bro doesn't blog and he's not in any society that I know of hehehhehe I think he just enjoys learning about these things...I didn't even know there was an astronomical society in Oman =P cool

    Yeah please tell me if you remember I really want to try it because I use environmentally friendly and natural products and my toothpaste is very good but as it has no form of flouride I need to take care of my teeth more...I LOVE TEA...but that doesn't help my teeth much hehehheheh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dear Sister Noora :)
    Hope you're doing great..
    Finally I found the Place

    It's in Al Ghobra, near the traffic lights
    See the map here>>> http://cid-e86e1f4a59731028.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Pictures/Map%20to%20Miswak%20Shop%20in%20Ghobra.PNG

    Sorry if the map is not clear..please contact me for more assistance..
    The shop is located in a small passage way, see the picture here>>> http://cid-e86e1f4a59731028.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Pictures/Miswak%20Shop%20in%20Ghobra.JPG

    Full of Pakistanis :) , I suggest you to go with your brother or Father ok. and I bought mine again, there are different shapes of Miswak. see the picture>>> http://cid-e86e1f4a59731028.office.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Pictures/Miswak.JPG

    Each Miswak costs only 200 baisa

    It's all the same from the famous tree called "The Peelu Miswak" >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miswak

    You can also find it on sell in Souq Muttrah. Particularly with the ones who sells herbs..etc

    Take care sister, Please contact me if you need any help :)

    Good luck with the Miswak :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWWWW thank you sooooo much....it was very nice of you to go through all this trouble with providing the pictures just to make it easier for me...A7sant!

    I'll definately try to go there this week...thanx

    ReplyDelete